[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Digium TC400B

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 06:48:56 CDT 2010

Greetings,
Because of the heavy load and the high expectations of an asterisk server
offered as a solution integrated with our CRM software.. we were looking
into other possibilities than software Licenses for G729 and G723 codecs..
to lower the pressure on the processor giving it more space to do more work.
We heard of a hardware (PCI CARDS) can be used with Asterisk that does the
work. And we stumbled with Digium TC400B.
Could be a newbie's question.. but does that serve our needs? As we have not
pressured a server before up to 1400 extensions with 600 outbound SIP calls
(customer's needs).
The server in question is Core I7 16 GB ram and Raid 10 SAS drives.
We need to know how many calls with G729 or G723 can this server handle? And
as far as we can see this Digium card can be a cheaper solution If
calculating the CPU cost plus the licenses for each channel.
One more question.. can we add two of those cards to the server? Will it be
efficient?
Regards
Tarek Sawah