[asterisk-users] http://www.asterisk.org/downloads naming schema

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Sep 22 11:58:04 CDT 2010

On 10-09-22 11:45 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Since some time the download of the newest Asterisk does not contains
> the version number anymore, but is just called "asterisk-1.4-current.tar.gz"
>
> This gives me a tarball where I do not know the version without looking
> into the tarball.
>
> Thus, IMO it would be very useful to switch back to old schema war the
> download contained the version number.

I don't understand really. The downloads.asterisk.org site contains the current
version in the pub/telephony/asterisk/ directory, and there is a symlink to the
current version which is named asterisk-1.4-current. On the Downloads page on
asterisk.org we have the link setup to asterisk-1.4-current (and 1.6.2-current,
etc.) but that again is just the symlink to the currently available version.

The Downloads page is also updated with text in the table with the currently
available version, such as 1.4.36 or 1.6.2.13, etc, so I'm not sure what you're
asking to be changed. We've been doing it like this for quite some time (in the
timeframe of years, to my knowledge).

Thanks!
Leif.