[asterisk-users] random hangups on RBS T1

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Tue Sep 21 10:48:30 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have an asterisk 1.4.35 server with a Digium TE410P (1st gen) four
port T1 card.  Only one RBS T1 plugged into it right now.

I have been getting complaints about random hangups.  Endpoints are all
remote, but I track very closely the latency (by graphing the output of
"sip show peers") which normally shows me when a peer is having
connectivity issues.  Several that I have investigated this morning have
no such issues (latency less than 20ms and steady).

I have several servers with Sangoma A104d cards, and the Sangoma driver
has a debug mode that lets me see the RBS bit transitions.  I have used
this in the past to prove that the T1 provider is actually triggering
the hangup from their side.  Does any such debug mode exist for the
Digium cards?  I would like to dig into this, because if I can prove the
carrier is at fault I will have hard data to bring to a PUC meeting next
month :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,