[asterisk-users] func SHARED, how to use?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 21 09:57:14 CDT 2010

Hi!

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+func+shared

> I want to get RTCP stats from SIP, but current channel is DAHDI.
> How can I get SIP channel?

If you have one DADHI and one SIP channel bridged together, then only for
the SIP channel you will be able to retrieve rtcp data. Depending on
wether that SIP channel is the first (local) or the second (outbound or
remote) call leg you will need to follow the approach described here:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+rtcp

Quote:
"Use the M option of Dial() if you would like to get the codec
(audionativeformat) of the remote call leg/channel and similar data.
Those are not available anymore during the hangup phase (h extension),
however you can store them directly in the CDR system, or use the SHARED
function to export them to the local call leg/channel."

Philipp