[asterisk-users] Audiocode Median 2000 Gateway with Asterisk ?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Sep 20 11:07:05 CDT 2010

----- "Paul Belanger" <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Olivier CALVANO
> <o.calvano at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone have a AudioCodes with Asterisk ???????????
> >
> Yes, but why?  Both do the same thing.  It would be like me asking 'I
> have a bike and need to get to work.  Can I use the bike with a car?'

Asterisk is *software* and as far as I can tell, it does not include any sort of provision for working with an E1 "out of the box", hence the need for *hardware*. In this case, it appears the OP wants to use his Mediant 2000 gateway for the task. The Mediant interfaces with his E1, then provides service to Asterisk via SIP.

So, as far as 'Both do the same thing', that seems outright incorrect. If Asterisk had access to an E1 card (Digium, Sangoma, OpenVox, etc), then yes, they *might* do the same thing, depending on how Asterisk was configured.

OP, how about trying to configure it yourself, then ask specific questions about the problems you're having? Audiocodes has decent documentation that should help, and a bit of searching may provide the answers you seek.

--Tim