[asterisk-users] Rotary phone on Asterisk

Joel Maslak jmaslak at antelope.net
Fri Sep 17 15:29:55 CDT 2010

My understanding was that pulse dialing from a channel bank was "iffy", but
not pulse reception, so long as the channel bank properly reports on/off
hook state - that there is no real "pulse detection" in the channel bank,
simply on/off hook status (looking at some of my documentation, "real" D-2,
D-3, and D-4 channel banks all used the LSB in the 6th code word to indicate
on/off hook status).  Is this no longer correct?  I'm using ESF, although I
think D4 would work similarly for this function.

I will contact Rhino as well, though - just to cover my bases.  I was very
impressed with their support previously.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 12:56 PM, John Novack <jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org