[asterisk-users] Rotary phone on Asterisk

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Sep 17 12:41:47 CDT 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Joel Maslak
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 12:29 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Rotary phone on Asterisk

I'm trying to use a couple of old Western Electric type 500 phones (desk
model, rotary dial).  These phones work fine, as tested with telco lines
(they dial, receiver/transmitter works fine, etc).

I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.11.

I can't get them to dial through Asterisk.  They are connected to a Rhino
channel bank which is connected to Asterisk via a Sangnoma card (T1 with
echo cancellation).  Other phones (touch tone) work fine, as does any phone
with a pulse/tone switch, even when these electronic phones are in "pulse"
mode.

I'm thinking that Asterisk is a bit too picky about the timing of the rotary
dial pulses to handle a mechanical system.  Is there any way to correct
this?

Check this out

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+zaptel+pulse+dialing