[asterisk-users] UPDATE !! Spontaneous reboots on asterisk 1.6.2.11

Mark Deneen mdeneen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:00:44 CDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Jonas Kellens
<jonas.kellens at telenet.be> wrote:
> On 09/17/2010 05:29 PM, Mark Deneen wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Jonas Kellens<jonas.kellens at telenet.be>  wrote:
>>
>>> warning: exec file is newer than core file.
>>>
>> Jonas,
>>
>> I encourage you to read the output.  Did you run gdb with a core file
>> dumped from the old build?  You need to generate a new core dump with
>> the new executable.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Mark Deneen
>>

> 1. I have re-compiled asterisk 1.6.2 with dont_optimize
> 2. I have generated the restart/reload of asterisk that I expercience
> 3. I have built a backtrace with gdb from the resulting core.pid file
>
> Don't know what I could have been doing wrong...
>
> Jonas.

Jonas,

What is the timestamp on your asterisk binary and what is the
timestamp of the core file?

Also, you restarted asterisk after installing the dont_optimize binary?

The message suggests that your core file is older than your
executable, which should not be possible.

Best Regards,
Mark Deneen