[asterisk-users] one way audio for xlite clients behind NAT

Sebastian shop at open-t.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 14:50:43 CDT 2010

On 09/16/2010 07:59 PM, Thomas Johnson wrote:
> the client that is behind nat is
> [tomfmason]
> type=friend
> secret=secret
> callerid="Thomas Johnson" <XXXX>
> host=dynamic
> nat=yes
> canreinvite=no
> disallow=all
> allow=gsm
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> qualify=yes
> context=sip
>
> do I have to enable nat on all of them?

I don't think so. It's just that you didn't specify which client is which.

My next guess is that it is a codec problem. I've had similar problems -
and upon checking Asterisk logs - I discovered that the client and
Asterisk weren't agreeing correctly on codecs. Can you double-check your
X-lite configuration - and maybe try to ulaw or alaw as the only codec
at both ends?

Sebastian