[asterisk-users] AGI Delimiter in 1.6

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Sep 16 13:50:51 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Jon Farmer
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:44 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] AGI Delimiter in 1.6

Hi

I am currently using 1.2.x and 1.4.x behind OpenSER. One of the things
I do on INVITES is to re-authenticate the user from OpenSER. Then when
the INVITE gets passed to Asterisk I capture the AUTH to a variable in
the dialplan and pass to an AGI script. I am now trying to set the
same thing up in 1.6 However because the argument delimter in 1.6 has
changed from pipe to comma this breaks as the AUTH line is also comma
delimited. Thus the AGI sees the AUTH as extra arguments instead of a
single argument. As the AUTH may contain varying number of arguments I
need a new way for a my AGI to access this data.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might go about this?

Regards

Jon

Two suggestions;
#1.  "escape" the , as \,
#2.  quote the string so 1,2,3 is "1,2,3"