[asterisk-users] Bug with Realtime?

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Thu Sep 16 10:43:24 CDT 2010

> Noted - but if OP does a "reload" once a day, 120 seconds (2 minutes) out of
> 1 day (14400 seconds) is 99.17% uptime; "close enough" to 99.999 percent in
> most folks books.  What percentage of businesses use their phones 24/7?

Even if its once a month, it's still too much in my book. No wonder people have had "bad experiences" with voip.
If I'm going to run my service on a platform that will inevitably have some downtime, I wouldn't be a very good business man!

Let's say I add a new provider to my service and therefore have to add another "register=>" command into sip.conf, I'd have to issue a "sip reload" which would kill off all the realtime sip phones.

> A reload flushes the SIP registration database, so once you do a
> reload, that phones reg is gone.

Surely you could move the "flush" part of "sip reload" into a separate command and therefore ensure the realtime phones stay connected properly.
Still doesnt explain why, when I do a "reload", only the realtime users are affected, and not the hard coded ones.

Dan