[asterisk-users] Bug with Realtime?

Peder peder at networkoblivion.com
Thu Sep 16 09:00:24 CDT 2010

A reload flushes the SIP registration database, so once you do a reload,
that phones reg is gone.  If the reg is set for a short period, say 60
seconds, then in 60 seconds it will re-register and work fine.  Yes, it is a
total pain, but this is the way it has worked since day 1 for realtime.  I
agree that it seems wrong and even argued that several years ago when this
feature came out, but it is what it is.  As someone else said, the answer is
"don't do a 'reload'", do an "extensions reload" or whatever it is specific
to your changes.