[asterisk-users] Echo on Sangoma A400 and background noise

Al lists asteriskal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 17:10:48 CDT 2010

I'm a long time user of Digium carts and stupid me i wanted to give Sangoma
a try.
We got Sangoma A400 with 6 FXO ports.

Asterisk version: 1.4.35
Zaptel version: 1.4.11
Wanpipe version: 3.5.11

we tried to use fxtune but looks like it wont work with Sangoma card, (
please correct me if i'm wrong)
Echo is really bad and also we have  background noise on all lines.
We tried both mg2 and oslec echo canceler.
was wondering if you have any experiense with that because Sangoma tech
support is not helpfull, just look at their response:

"As you mentioned you have tried Oslec algorithms for echo
cancellation.Which
is a  good way to solve echo cancellation issues. If that is not woking for
you you may want to upgrade to hardware echo cancellation......with cards
which have echo cancellers.

Hope this helps.

-Sri"