[asterisk-users] Call Recording Questions

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Wed Sep 15 15:02:49 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm using the CallTime and a few other variables to name a recording so that I can then take the wav file name and see when it was recorded, and what the recording contains.

However, since ${CDR(start)} contains a space in part of the date, the filename becomes corrupted when I use samba and share the file over a network.
Therefore I need to replace the spaces with another valid character.

Any ideas how I can do this (simply)?

Here is the macro that i'm using to trigger call recording when the user presses *1.

[macro-mixmon]
exten => s,1,GotoIf($["${XAD}" = "0" | "${XAD}" = ""]?startrec:donothing)
exten => s,n(startrec),Playback(beep)
exten => s,n,Set(XAD=1)
exten => s,n,MixMonitor(/var/lib/asterisk/clientsounds/${CDR(start)}~${CALLFROM}~${CDR(channel):4}.wav,b)
exten => s,n(donothing),MacroExit

Thanks
Dan