[asterisk-users] incoming call FXO

Flavio Miranda flaviormiranda at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:20:41 CDT 2010

Ok. Problem solved .
Thank you very much!!!

Att,

Flavio Roberto Miranda

MSN:flaviormiranda at hotmail.com
Skype: flaviormiranda

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 09:56:36 -0400
From: zishanov at gmail.com
To: kpfleming at digium.com; asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] incoming call FXO

As Kevin said, you need to define an 's' extension where the calls will be answered. Seems like you are using default configuration. Open file 'extensions.conf' in /etc/asterisk folder and look for context named [default]. If it is not there, create one and add something under it, e.g.,

[default]

exten => s,1,Verbose( - - - Call received - - - )

exten => s,n,Playback(hello-world)

extent => s,n,HangUp()

Then do a 'core extensions reload' on Asterisk CLI. Now calling in on FXO should play the message 'hello-world' (assuming this sound file exists in the sound folder of asterisk), and you'll see the call activity on the CLI.

For the rest, you need to consult chapters 5 and 6 of 'Asterisk-The Future of Telephony' book.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--

www.ilovetovoip.com

On 2010-09-15 8:59 AM, "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:

On 09/15/2010 07:20 AM, Flavio Miranda wrote:

>   Recently I  have instaled one Digium TDM410 on my...
Right, that's what the message is telling you. For incoming calls on

FXO, they can *only* be sent to the 's' extension in the target context,

since there is no target number passed over the FXO connection. You'll

have to create an 's' extension to handle incoming calls however you like.

--

Kevin P. Fleming

skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com

               http://www.asterisk.org/hello