[asterisk-users] UPDATE !! Spontaneous reboots on asterisk 1.6.2.11

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Wed Sep 15 07:22:44 CDT 2010

On 09/15/2010 02:03 PM, Philipp von Klitzing wrote:
> Hi!
>

>> I know I post a lot concerning this issue, but this is because this
>> problem occurs on a production system and I feel very hot breathing down
>> my neck.
>>
> Why not reduce the pressure and revert to 1.4.30 for the production
> system until you have figued out the issue? That will give you more time
> for (off-hours) testing and a more thorough look at what is going on.
>
> Look in /tmp if you can't find the core file elsewhere.
> http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/doc/HOWTO_collect_debug_informati
> on.txt
>
> Philipp
>
> P.S.: "reboot" usually refers to the OS, whereas Asterisk "crashes" or
> "restarts". From your messages I understand that your linux box is not
> rebooting itself regularly.

Hello Philipp,

I have indeed found the core file in /tmp (that is where 'locate' does
not look huh...)

It indicates to be a binary file, however I have not found instructions
on dealing with this @ the link you gave me.

Can you give me instruction on how to handle the core.pid file ?

THANKS !

Jonas.