[asterisk-users] Speech To Text on linux with asterisk

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Sep 14 08:50:06 CDT 2010

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of DHAVAL
INDRODIYA
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:02 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Speech To Text on linux with asterisk

Hi,

Is  it  possible to record say 30 seconds of audio and then have LumenVox
convert to text ?

or any available tool open source for speech to text .

Regards

Dhaval

I know there are at least a dozen other responses to this query, but here is
my input:

1.  "Possible" is a big term here; In the "best-case" scenario (that I am
aware of), Lumenvox fully licensed engine will produce an 80-95% accurate
rendering of your speech as text.  This assumes that your speaker uses
English or another Language that L. has specifically tuned for and that you
have a very good quality line (in-house SIP, not a cell phone).

2. Products like "Naturally Speaking" and "Dragonspeak" (not sure I've got
that one 100% correct) have been on the market for years and only promise a
90+% conversion rate on "specifically trained speakers".

3. As Zeeshan said in a later post, this capability may arrive soon, but (my
term) "you wouldn't want to hold your breath waiting for it".

4. At this point in time, outsourced transposition is still the most
accurate and economical route for Text to Speech in a Business Environment.