[asterisk-users] A way to check against a list of numbers?

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:10:42 CDT 2010

i have this scenario where i have a marketing department calling USA numbers excessively and sometimes the leads contain duplicate numbers OR "duplicate customers with different numbers"  on the other hand we have some numbers that are black listed the destination should be checked and caller should be informed in both cases.
the following dialplan would first check if the number is blackliste (from local MYSQL DB) .. challenge it then continue to MSSQL DB where existing customers info is located and challenge the phone number against existing customers to see if the call should go through or not.
exten => _1N.,1,MYSQL(Connect connid localhost localSQLuser password blacklistDB)exten => _1N.,n,MYSQL(Query resultid_1 ${connid} SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tbl_BlackList WHERE PhNumber=${EXTEN})exten => _1N.,n,MYSQL(Fetch fetchid1 ${resultid_1} ifpresent)exten => _1N.,n,MYSQL(Disconnect ${connid})exten => _1N.,n,GotoIF($[${ifpresent} = 0] ?pok:perror);;; IF THE NUMBER EXISTS TELL THE CALLER THAT IT'S BLACKLISTEDexten => _1N.,n,MYSQL(Clear ${resultid_1})exten => _1N.,n,MYSQL(Clear ${fetchid1})exten => _1N.,n(perror),Wait(1)exten => _1N.,n,PlayBack(privacy-blacklisted)exten => _1N.,n,congestion(1)exten => _1N.,n,HangUpexten => _1N.,n(pok),GoToIf($[${ODBC_CHKAVAIL(${EXTEN})} = 0]?dial:exerror)exten => _1N.,n(dial),GoTo(dial-usa,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1N.,n(exerror),PlayBack(already-in-db) ;;; PLAY SOUND FILE THE CUSTOMER ALREADY IN DATABASEexten => _1N.,n,Hangup

you can use the above example to check the number being dialed against your DB (what ever DBMS you are using) and route it depending on the result of your SQL query.hope this helps
-- Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems

CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP USA: +1 347 562 2308