[asterisk-users] High volume BLF - Suggestions?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 06:29:27 CDT 2010

On 13 September 2010 12:16, Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 13.09.10 11:56, schrieb Steve Davies:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a user who is putting large call volumes through Asterisk, and
>> wants to BLF monitor up to 90 extensions. We are struggling to find a
>> handset that can keep up with Asterisk :)
>>
>> 1) Is there a handset that will do this?
> we only use the spa962 and spa525 for this, but didnt have any problems
> so far.

We find that the spa962 works pretty well with one sidecar (32
buttons) we only have one spa932 sidecar to hand though.

The spa525 seems to not like our sidecar configuration, and allows
only 59 subscriptions, so the last few lights do not work, and after a
while it decides to reboot regularly. Not quite sure how to debug that
one :(

The spa504 works pretty well with a sidecar, but crashed under load
over a weekend. I have updated 7.4.3 to 7.4.4 firmware and we're
trying again.

>> 2) Is there a different (standard) way to send BLF and allow directed pickups?
>
> have a look at www.fop2.com maybe this could be interesting for you? its
> a web based solution to see the state of extensions and do a pickup or
> transfer calls.

Yes, we have a web-based BLF solution just like FOP, but some
end-users have very specific requirements *sigh* :)

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,
Steve