[asterisk-users] High volume BLF - Suggestions?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:56:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

We have a user who is putting large call volumes through Asterisk, and
wants to BLF monitor up to 90 extensions. We are struggling to find a
handset that can keep up with Asterisk :)

1) Is there a handset that will do this?
2) Is there a different (standard) way to send BLF and allow directed pickups?
2a) Or even a handset specific way?

Asterisk handles the BLF volume fine, even on quite low-end hardware,
but we cannot find any handsets that can cope with it longer term.

Our test involves about 10 BLF-NOTIFY messages per second to each
handset with a 5-second pause every 5 seconds. This will either crash
or render unusable all of the following combinations:

snom360 + 1 x sidecar
Yealink T28 + 1 x sidecar
Yealink T28 + 2 x sidecar
Cisco SPA504g + 1 x sidecar
Cisco SPA504g + 2 x sidecar
Cisco SPA525g + 1 x sidecar (reboots often)
Cisco SPA525g + 2 x sidecar (reboots quickly)
Aastra 55i + non-LCD sidecar

Did not try Polycom as they do not do directed pickup and only small sidecars.
Linksys SPA962 with one sidecar is "OK" but is discontinued hardware.

Help?

Thanks,
Steve