[asterisk-users] Queue/Dial Recording - Capture answering channel name.

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:11:35 CDT 2010

On 11 September 2010 20:36, Antonio Berrios
<antonio at sheffieldcitytaxis.com> wrote:
> On 09/09/10 17:59, Steve Davies wrote:
>> On 9 September 2010 17:52, Antonio Berrios
>> <antonio at sheffieldcitytaxis.com>  wrote:

>>> Where ever the MixMonitor recording is done add in the  ${CHANNEL}
>>> variable to the filename parameter. Or even add in the line below to the
>>> context that contains Dial(QueueName).
>>>
>>> For example:
>>>
>>> exten =>
>>> s,n,MixMonitor(*${CHANNEL}-${TIMESTAMP}-${UNIQUEID}-${CALLERID(num)}.wav49)

[snip]

> Why is it you require the answering channel in the recording filename?
> There may be an easier way to get you what you need. And a quick copy
> pasta of the dial plan you're using could be handy.

I will look at putting together an example of the dialplan.

We need the answering channel so the we can identify which handset was
recorded (which agent took the call). At present we have caller-id and
dialled extension, but an extension might be ringing any one of 10
phones, and the recording needs to be associated with that
handset/agent.

Regards,
Steve