[asterisk-users] How to create a coredump for Asterisk

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Sun Sep 12 17:56:57 CDT 2010

Hi Luki an all others who answered,

> Try kill -6 (i.e. SIGABRT). That usually triggers a core dump for me.
yes, that works for testing and creates a coredump.

Thank you very much for your answer!

PS: Running Asterisk under GDB unfortunately is not an option, because
it is a production system and it only crashes very, very seldom. Normaly
it works for months without problems, but once Asterisk crashed 3 times
a day. Now the system works stable since some weeks again and we have no
clue why it crashed.
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf