[asterisk-users] First boot asterisk -vvvvvgcn segfaults

Tom Lohmuller tln6482 at saintjoe.edu
Sun Sep 12 14:41:59 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I have recently finished compiling and making asterisk on a fresh
slackware 13 machine. I went through and made sure to install ncurses,
zlib, openssl, libnewt, libpri, and dahdi prior to compiling asterisk.

I configured with this:
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-threads=posix
--target=i486-slackware-linux --host=i486-slackware-linux

Now that I thought Asterisk was ready to go, I tried running asterisk
-vvvvvgcn and got segfaults immediately.

[code]
asterisk -vvvvvgcn
Asterisk 1.6.2.11, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2010 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for
details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it
under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf':   == Found
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf':   == Found
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[/code]

I looked in /var/log/messages and found this error everytime I try to run
asterisk:
kernel: asterisk[2177]: segfault at 1c4f ip b7453ee1 sp bfc7a33c error 4
in libc-2.11.1.so[b73da000+15c000]

Any ideas? I wasn't able to find any solutions to a "first time boot" on
google, mostly just segfaults that people were getting when trying
asterisks functionality.

Many thanks in advance!

-Tom

Thomas P. Lohmuller