[asterisk-users] No SIP requests coming in with Allow Anonymous SIP set to OFF - If set to ON it all SIP DEBUG show the requests just fine - Where is the problem?

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Sat Sep 11 23:04:26 CDT 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 10:07 PM, bruce bruce <bruceb444 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a provider whose DID used to come into the box just fine but recently stopped working. Nothing has been changed on our end.
>
> Here is what I get when doing "sip set debug peer PROVIDER":
>
> Sending to 123.123.123.123 : 5060 (no NAT)
>
> ^^^^ That is ALL I am getting with sip debug turned on.
>
> With Allow Anonymous SIP set to YES, then the call comes in properly and you see the ACK, REQUEST and ACCEPT of sip debug just fine.
>
> This is Elastix with Asterisk 1.4.33.1
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks

Try adding 'insecure=port,invite' to the sip peer definition. If that doesn't work, you can try 'insecure=very'.

Otherwise, try getting a packet capture using tcpdump on the interface that you world normally connect to your provider with in order to see all of the sip traffic that you're missing with just a peer debug from within asterisk. Once you have that, if the answer doesn't jump out at you, you can post it here and someone should be able to help.

Thanks,
--Warren Selby