[asterisk-users] No SIP requests coming in with Allow Anonymous SIP set to OFF - If set to ON it all SIP DEBUG show the requests just fine - Where is the problem?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Sat Sep 11 20:50:36 CDT 2010

[snip]

>       customers, who all connect from behind their home nat gateways of all
>       kinds.  I still don't know why that fixed it.
>
>       Sorry you took it so harshly Zeeshan, but the only posts that stick out
>       to me from you are the ones where you are bashing people for posting
>       questions.  I don't recall any off the top of my head where you are
>       actually helping.  Yup, I consider that policing, and it isn't needed.
>       Like someone else suggested, if you don't want to read it, delete it.
>       And no, I am not going to bother to read back through archives to see if
>       that is the truth.  Its my impression of your posts, thats all.

[un top posting again]

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Poster is having problem when he disallows anonymous sip peers. Do you know at all how FreePBX deals with anonymous sip peers?
> Obviously you haven't yet seen the dialplan for FreePBX.

Umm, no, poster is having problems that are only SOLVED by allowing guest
sip connections (since you want to stick with asterisk terms, not FreePBX,
right?).  That is because when he doesn't allow guest connections his
inbound calls are getting rejected, as they are not matching any of his
defined peers.

I'm not guessing here - these are facts based on his observations.  Your
bizarre assumptions that he (or I) need to better understand FreePBX's
dialplan code are guesses.