[asterisk-users] problem with iax call (chan unavailable)

iscario at free.fr iscario at free.fr
Fri Sep 10 09:07:33 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with my IAX softphones. After a call, when the softphone
hangup, it remains unavailable for the other softphones. It can call anybody,
but can not be reached... For example, if A call B, B answer, then  A or B
hangup, and C won't be able to call A or B after that (but A or B would be able
to call C). The Dial function returns that the chan is unavailable. That is very
annoying, the only solution till now is to restart my softphones.... I must say
that sometimes it works fine and i do not encounter this problem. But it happens
very regularly, too often i would say.

I would like to know if some of you noticed that problem ? And if there is a
solution of course...
I tried with different sofphones : iaxlite, or other i do not remember the
name... I also have the sources of iaxComm (an open source softphone from
iaxclient project), do you think it could be a softphone problem, and if i can
do something to change the code....

To illustrate my problem, here is the full output of a failed call-back:
http://pastebin.com/FMeL3mYz

For this test, the extensions.conf was really minimum :
[default]
exten => 222,1,Dial(IAX2/bob.test.org)
exten => 222,2,Hangup()
exten => 111,1,Dial(IAX2/alice.test.org)
exten => 111,2,Hangup()

I use Asterisk 1.6.2.11 (i had the same problem with 1.6.2.6).

Thanks for you help.