[asterisk-users] Losing first DTMF digit (with ASR)

Richard Kenner kenner at gnat.com
Tue Sep 7 15:13:19 CDT 2010

> So it's a PRI/DAHDI connection.

Yeah, but with switchtype=qsig, though that difference isn't likely
relevant here.

> Is SpeechBackground the first item in the context?

No.  There are plenty of others, starting with an Answer(200).  Then
a whole bunch of Speech* applications to load grammar and such along
with some Sets.

> Have you tried putting a playback in front of the SB command (to delay
> processing a bit?

No. But if I do that, I'll INCREASE the chance of losing DTMF since people
may start dialing before the SpeechBackground (though, as I said, it isn't
this problem since I've seen it when I know I've waited).  Also, this is
intermittent so I want to minimize the number of experiments since it'll be
very hard to see if I'm actually improving something.

> What if any information can you gleen from the
> Vestec log (/var/log/VestecASRE/Port*)?

None since DTMF is sent, not speech.  It just shows Add, activate, delete,
and close.  I don't know that I've actually seen a log when the first DTMF
digit is missed (too hard to reproduce), so I don't know if it's different.