[asterisk-users] voice mail system

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Sep 7 08:32:05 CDT 2010

Mailboxes don’t have to be tied to an extension.  The way “I” would set this
up would be set up the user where his/her primary language mailbox would be
100 and the “secondary” mailbox would be 101.  Then do your dialplan like
this

Exten => 1234,1,playback(3forfrench)

Exten => 1234,n,Goto(selectmail,s,1)

[selectmail]

Exten => s,1,waitexten(2,m)

Exten => s,n,voicemail(100 at default)

Exten => s,n,hangup

Exten => 3,1,Set(CHANNEL(language)=fr)

Exten => 3,n,voicemail(101 at default)

Exten => 3,n,hangup

This plays your message then jumps to a controlled context

If the user doesn’t press a key in 2 seconds, they get mailbox 100 with an
English greeting.  If they press 3, they get mailbox 101 with a French
greeting.

  _____