[asterisk-users] SMS and fixed land lines

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:31:38 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Administrator TOOTAI <admin at tootai.net> wrote:
> As stated by Philipp, SMSC is unique. However -in France at least- SMS
> sended to landlines are altered and sended as voice messages by the
> operators. For messages from Orange you will recognize that's a SMS as
> the callerID is the Orange SMSCs one. For SFR no luck, Bouygues don't
> tested.

Actually, in France, if the landline has the extra billed SMS service,
the SMS is sent as described by others. There is an extra digit at the
end for a kind of mailbox. This dates from when some phones had
multiple inboxes for SMS. I used that digit to send difference command
codes to my asterisk box, such as "call me back", etc.

I think if the mailbox was 0, the message was read, or perhaps if you
didn't subscribe the line to SMS it was the case.

Some of this may have changed, but when I has asterks and a fixed-line
SMS service from France Télécom, that's the way it worked.

/r