[asterisk-users] Dial timeout and SIP 302 Moved Temporarily

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 6 10:28:50 CDT 2010

Hi,

With a 1.4.35 or 1.6.1.19, I'm facing this behaviour :

- extension 7002 is a SIP hard phone currently configured to forward
incoming calls to extension 7003, when a call is unanswered within a 10s
time frame

- when extension 7001 is calling extension 7002 with a Dial(SIP/7002,20)
statement and no one answers, then :
- after 10s, Asterisk receives "SIP 302 Moved temporarily" message and
enters its dialplan to call 7003, as required,
- 10s later (or 20s from the very start), call from 7001 to 7003 is cut and
the next statement after Dial(SIP/7002,20) is run.

The behaviour I would ideally implement is :
- whenever a "SIP 302 Moved temporarily" message is received, timer
associated to the original call (the one from 7001 to 7002) is reset to
another 20s period

Alternatively, I would also to have the first call timer "cancelled".

At the moment, I think I would try the following :
- before or within the Dial(SIP/7002,20), set an inherited variable with the
value of the channel to kill is case the call is forwarded,
- when dialplan is (re-)entered check is the call is a forwarded one,
- if positive, then soft hangup the second leg of the original call, hoping
that this would not introduce undesirable side effects.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Regards