[asterisk-users] Is it possible to keep both call legs live after Dial()

Barry O'Donovan barry+asterisk-users at opensolutions.ie
Mon Sep 6 09:02:42 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

After a fairly extensive Google trawl, I don't think the following is
possible but would appreciate confirmation from anyone else who has
tried something similar.

I have an AGI (not particularly relevant) which is executed when someone
calls into a specific extension. This AGI finds a suitable 'agent' (not
actually a queuing system in the Asterisk Queue sense) and Dial()s this
agent bridging the call.

Now, ideally, I would be able to act on a 'decision' from a DTMF
sequence from the agent's handset. I don't think this is possible
unfortunately. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I can get a 'decision' from the agent by using the 't' Dial() option and
have the agent key an extension corresponding to a 'decision'. This will
suffice.