[asterisk-users] Snom phones recommended firmware

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Sep 4 05:26:56 CDT 2010

Hi!

> We're using firmware 7.3.30 on an installation of Snom 300 phones.
> Should we stick with it, or do the newer firmwares have better support
> for Asterisk?

So what is it that you are missing that firmware 8 does offer? 7.3.30 is
rather stable and therefore a good choice.

Actually I would say this works the other way around and you could
consider moving to Asterisk 1.8 soon to better match the Snom capabilites
(some keywords: SRTP and TLS, P-Asserted header, AOC).