[asterisk-users] Faxes

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 12:39:25 CDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:50 AM, dave george <dgeorge at teletoneinc.com> wrote:
> The asterisk box is connected to the PSTN using TE410 cards.  Asterisk talk
> SS7 to the PSTN.  On the IP side I use SIP.  I terminate calls onto the
> PSTN.

You don't say the percentage that are failing. However, people who
have worked with SIP on asterisk have been known to do:

exten => s,1,Playback(silence/1)
exten => s,n,Whatever(is_next)

And I don't know why, but this seems to make things better.

If you're doing an Answer and then a receive_Fax, try putting a
playback silence in between and see if that helps anything.