[asterisk-users] Faxes

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Fri Sep 3 10:08:55 CDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:49 AM, dave george <dgeorge at teletoneinc.com> wrote:
> We have asterisk connected to the PSTN VIA TE410P (ANSI SS7 to T1 PRI)
> cards.
>

> I am having trouble completing faxes.  Carrier send calls to me using SIP.
> Any recommendation to have some success with Fax.
>
> We trying using T.38 pass through and using G711U codec.
>

> Asterisk Version 1.6.1.1
>

> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Dave,

T.38 in some fashion.

But you don't really explain your call flow or what you are trying to
do.  You say you have PSTN and then talk about SIP.  Are you just
trying to pass the calls to physical FAX machines, or a server to
handle faxing?

Elaborate a bit and I am sure someone can offer some advice.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro