[asterisk-users] openvz

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Fri Sep 3 09:54:02 CDT 2010

> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 03:11:39PM +0200, mattias wrote:
> > Can i run asterisk on a openvz vps or do i need a kernel?
> > I dont use dadi
>
> I don't expect any problem.

Absolutely right: 1.6.x works fine with OpenVZ and Virtuozzo out of the box
as long as you don't need any hardware interfaces. You don't need any kernel
sources, though these are available. You basically just install exactly as
you would on any other system. There is no problem with timing (e.g. MOH) -
at least none that I've ever come across and at least not for 1.6.x which is
what I've used under Virtuozzo for some time now.

If you want to install Digium g.729 licenses you need to do some small
configuration changes but these are easy to do and full instructions are on
the OpenVZ Wiki somewhere.

Faris.