[asterisk-users] Wanted: UK-specific hardware recommendations (FXO and FXS)

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Sep 3 04:07:43 CDT 2010

I have a pair of Asterisk servers which are happily routeing VoIP calls.
I want to hook one of them to the PSTN. Given that I am in the UK, what
is a reasonably easily-available device to provide an FXO interface from
a Linux box, with a minimum of faffing around with drivers? Just one
line is needed, though in theory two might eventually be useful. My
usual white-box hardware suppliers don't seem to play in this field.

Also: I've heard good things about the PAP2T for getting analogue
handsets to talk to a VoIP server. But all the ones I can see on eBay
are PAP2T-NA models. Will these work with British handsets? (Obviously
with a plug adaptor to put the BT jack into an RJ11 socket, but that's
relatively easy to arrange.)

Roger