[asterisk-users] Asterisk processing URI's

Sascha Ferley sascha.ferley at infineon.net
Thu Sep 2 21:03:56 CDT 2010

How does asterisk process URI's that get sent to it?
I am having a issue with a Cisco phone, where 99% works except the call
forwarding. The phone issues a X-cisco-serviceuri-cfwdall which can be seen
when running a sip debug on the peer directly. However the system tries to
lookup the request as a extension, aka
X-cisco-serviceuri-cfwdall-<extension>
And of course can't find this extension.

Is there any documentation regarding this out there specifically? I am
interested in how those references work, not just for the cfwdall, but other
URI's as well.. The older cisco phones used to deal with Call forwarding all
by sending a SIP 302 message with Temporarily moved tag. The new xml config
based ones seem to use the serviceuri xml feature.

If anyone has any info on this, it would be great.