[asterisk-users] Google Voice-like feature.

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 10:25:20 CDT 2010

On Thursday 02 Sep 2010, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> I'd *really* like to be able to have a call ring three different cell
> phones; then, if someone answers, they have to somehow acknowledge the
> call for it to be directed to them.  That way, if one of the phones is
> off, or out of range, it doesn't go straight to that phone's voicemail.

The problem is that, if one of the destination phones is diverting to
voicemail, you won't know it's voicemail until it's answered -- by which time
it's already too late.

The best you could hope to do is: park the incoming call; ring all the
handsets at once; and when each one answers, play a recorded message giving
the number to pick up the parked call.  If any of them successfully picks up
the parked call, then of course you need to abort the Dial() to the other
ones.  If no-one picks up the parked call within a reasonable timeframe, it
can be sent to Asterisk's own voicemail.

--
AJS