[asterisk-users] Call Recording Questions

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Thu Sep 2 06:21:45 CDT 2010

> 1) I want to create add *1 call recording and wanted to know whether the file is created during recording or only after? I want to syncronise the
> recorded files with my web server (on a different machine (Windows)) so I need a way of telling when the recorded call has ended before copying it over.
> 2) I tried setting up *1 in features.conf but when I press *1, all that happens is that the caller hears the tones but no recording starts. I've added
> wW to the Dial() command, and also Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=automon) (don't know if the last one is necessary). The line in features.conf says automon =>
> *1 and I restarted asterisk once the changes were made.

Sorry, just re-read my email and realised I didn't ask any questions and it sounded quite rude.

Basically, I'm trying to allow one of my clients to record calls and download them onto their PC. I'm thinking of creating a web interface for this, which is where my first question comes in.

However, I can't seem to get it working. I think it's something to do with inband and rfc2833 but when I change it, the menu systems seem to stop working.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks
Dan