[asterisk-users] 3Com 3102 Phones

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 11:00:28 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Barry Fawthrop <barry at isscp.com> wrote:
> Has any advancement been made to get 3102 operational in either a SIP or
> H323  asterisk environment.
> A post back in time mentioned a downloader service.
> >From the posts and articles I have read, the NCP is acting like a bootp
> and tftp server which uploads the configuration to the phone??
> Am I close?  if so, where does one get the SIP image for he 3102 and
> 2102 phones?
>
> I had 8 donated, but they are useless without a NBX or NCP  ?
> Any specs on how to configure linux to act like one?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> --

I did some digging, NCP seems to stand for "Network Call Processor".
The 3com asterisk guide has a picture of a device that looks like
digiums first asterisk appliance.

http://support.3com.com/documents/asterisk/Asterisk_TeleGd_Business_AB.pdf

http://support.3com.com/documents/asterisk/3Com_Asterisk_Admin_Guide.pdf
http://www.digium.com/en/products/appliance/

Here is a reference to handing out NCP address via dhcp:
http://antjedi.homeip.net/wordpress/?p=25

Best bet might be to sniff some packets, it's not clear to me if "NCP"
uses SIP or not