[asterisk-users] billsec=0 when using Local channel

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Sun Oct 31 17:19:24 CDT 2010

Hi,

I've got a dialplan that transfers all outgoing calls to a Local channel before dialling out via SIP.
I did this because sometimes i'm dialling two numbers at the same time and need to know which call is answered for billing purposes.

However, I've just noticed that billsec is always equal to 0 even though i know the calls were answered. I now have to take the cdrs from my provider and recalculate the billsec manually.

Any ideas why Local/ causes billsec to always be zero? Ive seen quite a few bug reports but no resolution.

I'm using 1.4.35.

Thanks
Dan