[asterisk-users] Under heavy attack

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Sun Oct 31 13:34:45 CDT 2010

On 10/31/2010 12:58 PM, Joel Maslak wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2010, at 9:40 AM, jon pounder<jonp at inline.net>  wrote:
>

>> what are you using that is tied to nagios ?
>>
> I'll package it up next week and make it available.
>
> Basically, I use nrpe to call a shell script that looks at the last five minutes, 60 minutes, and 1440 minutes of a "asterisk -rx 'core show channels'" output that I run from cron every minute (I count the number of paid channels in use [I ignore channels that have no cost associated with them, such as users calling other users]).  If any of these thresholds exceeds my error threshold, I signal a nagios "CRITICAL" alert.  Otherwise I return "OK".

ok thanks.

btw - on the subject of nrpe - anyone got a version that runs stable on
windows ?
we have one but it randomly locks up (without failing the service) every
week or so on various windows servers, service down detection in windows
sees it up, and nagios can't use nrpe to restart it with a command since
that is what is down. annoying when its 3am.
on the linux boxes, works perfectly.