[asterisk-users] Exceptionally long queue length queuing . . . .

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Oct 30 17:22:25 CDT 2010

I wonder if anyone out there has a perspective on this.  There are a
welter of tickets out there on the matter, most of them closed.

This problem began for me over a year ago, and continues up to the
latest versions I've installed (1.6.2.13).

It happens randomly, and the suggestion on one of the bug tracker
tickets that it is instigated by a small network leg looks to be on
point to me, because while it happens way often, it doesn't always happen.

My ITSPs have all dropped IAX, and if they're experiencing this problem
I can see why.  Once the first of these messages has occurred, it's
"goodbye audio" for the rest of the call.

If anyone has a perspective on this longstanding problem, I'd sure be
glad to hear it.

Thanks.

b.