[asterisk-users] Updating asteriskcdrdb with uniqueid field from Master.csv, Master.csv.1....Master.csv.5 - Must I bring all files together first?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:55:29 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just noted that PBXinaFLASH failed me again on yet something else. The
uniqueid field didn't update on the asteriskcdrdb in the past few months but
it is available in the .csv files in /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/*.csv

I have already re-did the asterisk-addons install with correct parameters to
include future calls "uniqueid" in the table (I have no clue why these
flavours of Asterisk chose to remove neccessary parameters from time to
time)

Anyhow, the uniqueid field is needed to be there for ARI to work and for
recordings to be pulled. So, I am checking the folder for .csv files and I
see Master.csv.1 Master.csv.2 Master.csv.3......Master.csv.5.

My Questions:

1- Must I bring those files into one big file first before trying to update
the MySQL table?
2- Must I remove all data from asteriskcdrdb first to avoid duplication and
then do the update through a php script?

Thanks