[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 and character sets and AMI

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Fri Oct 29 12:08:48 CDT 2010

On Friday 29 October 2010 11:46:01 Örn Arnarson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried upgrading to 1.8 and ran into two problem immediately;
>
> 1. Caller-ID behavior is different -- now when I set the caller-id
> name to something with special characters (Ö, for example), the SIP
> INVITE now has %C3%96 instead of the Ö character. I've tried doing
> Set(CALLERID(name-charset)=utf8) as well as iso8859-1, but it's always
> the same behavior.

You'll need to include the relevant raw SIP messages for us to know if this
is compliant behavior or not.

> 2. My AMI scripts have stopped working and Asterisk console shows a
> Broken Pipe error. Has the I/O to AMI changed? I had a quick glance
> through the change log and couldn't find anything indicating
> different. Haven't started looking at what the output looks like, but
> it would be nice if someone could point me to a document going through
> the changes so I don't have to re-invent the wheel.

Any change to the protocol should be documented in UPGRADE.txt.  AFAIK,
there has been no change to the actual protocol, but the various headers
may have changed slightly to ensure consistency between commands.

--
Tilghman Lesher