[asterisk-users] MGCP

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 29 08:23:03 CDT 2010

Hi!

> I have asterisk 1.4
> I want to make a MGCP trunk as a client to connect to a provider who is
> using MGCP protocol, he provided me with user & password,

You will most probably need 1.8 for this, with 1.4 you will certainly not
be able to succed. Read more:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+MGCP+channels

Quote Matthew Fredrickson: "A new channel driver, called chan_ccs, that
allows, among other things, you to control MGCP media gateways for bearer
trunks, instead of having to locally terminate them on the asterisk box
that's controlling the signaling links. There is also code in the same
branch that has chan_ccs that modified chan_mgcp so that Asterisk can act
as a media gateway (since I don't have any good real media gateways to
test on). This basically means you can have Asterisk TDM channel
scalability up to (in the ideal state) the same level as you can do with
SIP with no media, per box."

Philipp