[asterisk-users] MGCP

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Thu Oct 28 20:54:52 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Baha @ SH <info at saudihome.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have asterisk 1.4
> I want to make a MGCP trunk as a client to connect to a provider who is
> using MGCP protocol, he provided me with user & password,
>
> I tried a custom trunk:
>
> MGCP/$OUTNUM$@user:password at 66.152.163.106:4000
>
> Not seems to help,
>
> Any suggestions plz?

In my research to try to get MEGACO protocol to work (they are very similar)
I remember stumbling onto this information.  I am not sure where or if it is
even correct, it has been so long.

MGCP is supported but only the MGCP phones, not the entire protocol.

I tried to get full support for MEGCO because many NEC systems at that time
used it for VoIP and the only other way to interface with an NEC IPK was via
TDM, either POTS or T1, which are and especially were, WAY too expensive.

I am out of date with NEC, I haven't touched one in years, but way back
then, they were in the top three of PBX market share.

You can probably google my name and MEGACO and you may find the info you are
looking for.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro