[asterisk-users] Extension notation in default ViciDial installation

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Wed Oct 27 14:43:04 CDT 2010

Hello List,

A few days ago I installed ViciDial on a server, and while looking to
the default 'extensions.conf' file, I saw this line:

exten => _010*010*010*015*.,1,Dial(${TRUNKTESTast}/${EXTEN:16},55,oT)

Can someone point me out to the Asterisk documentation part where
explains how to use server IP's as extension number?

I could not see it in the ATFOT2 book, and I would like to understand
better that part.

Note:
Or might it be a fully dependent setting of ViciDial?

In the installation documentation of VD says (just above the exten =>
... line mentioned previously):

; local server extens:
; BE SURE TO CHANGE THIS LINE FOR YOUR IP ADDRESS!

Regards,

--
Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eSlackware.com