[asterisk-users] Auto provisioning from public server

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Tue Oct 26 11:01:01 CDT 2010

On 10/26/2010 05:41 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:
> You can provision over a WAN and access-lists or iptables can limit
> the networks allowed.  Define what level of security you need first.
> For further security you can use an inbound proxy and check the http
> headers for agent identification.  This can also be faked.
>
> Practice layers of security...

Well, what I'm really aiming for is this :

I let users make easy config files via web interface. This results in a
config file with name MAC-address of the IP-phone. This config file is
then available on the public server. User just needs to points his
IP-phone to the provisioning URL.
Remarks :
- User from site A will want other configuration then user from site B.
- User from site A may not have access to or download config file of
user from site B and vica versa.

Expand setup :
Also a phone book becomes available from the public server for the users...

Jonas.