[asterisk-users] Auto provisioning from public server

Matt Desbiens desbiensm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 10:40:28 CDT 2010

I havent had much auto provisioning experience, however, what about just
using IPTables to create an access list essentially for known IPs to connect
via HTTP/HTTPS and block all other addresses.  This would only work if the
phones are coming from a Static IP, but I figured i'd give my 2 cents to try
and help.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Jonas Kellens <jonas.kellens at telenet.be>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> has anyone experience with auto provisioning IP-phones on different
> locations through a central public provisioning server ? You use http or
> https ?
>
> Is there a danger that one uses a different MAC-address in the provisioning
> link to obtain SIP username / password settings ?
>

> Kind regards,
> Jonas.
>
> --

-- Matt